December is in full swing, and with Thanksgiving over, it’s finally time to turn our attention to Christmas and New Year’s Eve in Aspen. As the year draws to a close, Aspen, CO, comes to life, transforming into a spectacular winter wonderland. With wreaths hung on every lamp post, twinkling lights strung around trees and snowcapped mountains all around you, there is no better place to take in the holidays and ring in the New Year than this magical ski town.
There are so many wonderful things to do in Aspen for New Years! If you’re asking yourself where to begin, you’re in luck. Read on to discover some of our favorite things to do in the city and upcoming events that truly capture the festive spirit.
How to Celebrate Christmas & New Year’s Eve in Aspen, CO
- Hit the Slopes: Before the year wraps up, why not experience one last thrill? It’s not a visit to Aspen if you don’t hit the slopes. Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned pro, visit one of our world-famous ski slopes to tap into your adventurous side. Aside from Aspen Mountain, there are three other ski areas you can explore and the city’s free buses make it easy for visitors to get around.
- Après Ski: If you love being around the mountains but don’t love the idea of zooming down them, Aspen’s après ski scene may be more suited to your speed. With countless après ski spots in town to choose from, you can’t go wrong. Sip on specially-crafted holiday cocktails and enjoy the traditional alpine social hour with friends and family.
- Explore Downtown Aspen: If you are interested in a more relaxing and low-key end to the year, take a stroll around Aspen’s charming downtown area. Before enjoying the decorations and beautiful window displays, stop by a local café and pick up a warm drink.
- Attend a New Year’s Eve Party: New Years’ Eve is one of Aspen’s biggest nights of the year. With champagne celebrations taking place at venues like the St. Regis, the Little Nell and more, there are so many parties for you to choose from and fun to be had.
- Take in the Fireworks: For a more budget-friendly experience, the whole family can enjoy, catch downtown Aspen’s stunning fireworks show at 8:00 pm or midnight. Watch the fireworks display from Gondola Plaza, Wagner Park, Red Mountain or the Smuggler Mountain observation deck for some of the best views.
Book Your Stay with McCartney Properties for an Unforgettable New Years’ in Aspen
The holidays are a wonderful time to be in Aspen. If you are celebrating Christmas, why not extend your stay in our wonderful city right into the New Year? At McCartney Properties, our stylish and comfortable range of homes and condos are located in all the best areas in Aspen, from the lively downtown core to the serene Aspen Mountain. Whether you are traveling with friends, family or planning a romantic getaway with your partner, we can help you book the perfect short-term vacation rental, suited to your specific needs and budget. With so many unique things to see and do, what are you waiting for? Reserve your spot and come celebrate the festive season in Aspen!
For more information about our Aspen vacation rentals, contact us at (970) 925-8717 or fill out our online form.