We are about a month away from the Audi Power of Four Mountain Bike Race, which is part of the Power of Four series held in Aspen, CO. The Audi Power of Four Series is the ultimate in endurance and extreme athleticism combining all four Aspen Snowmass Mountains. The triple crown incorporates a ski mountaineering race, a trail run event and a mountain bike event.
The Power of Four Mountain Bike race takes place in Snowmass, Colorado. This year, attack the new course with increased vertical gain from past years and added mile after mile of single track. If you’re an elite racer or a recreational cyclist looking for a challenge, the Power of Four race is a memorable event. The course takes you through high deserts and cool forests, letting you experience the unique and diverse range of Snowmass trails.
Here are the key details to help you plan:
- Date: Saturday, August 17th, 2019 with check-in on Friday, August 16th
- Location: Snowmass Mountains
- Registration: Advanced registration is required
- Start Time: 7 a.m.
- Divisions: 50-mile solo, 25-mile solo, 50-mile 2-person team
- Course: Begins at the bottom of Fanny Hill in Snowmass Base Village, moves to Discovery Trail, then to Sleigh Ride Trail, and descends to paved Divide Road. The course loop is singletrack across several trails: Rim, Seven Star, Ditchline, Viewline, Deadline, Highline, Tom Blake, Powerline, Expresso, Cross Mountain, and Village Bound. 50-mile racers will make a second loop. The finish takes you to the bottom of Fanny Hill.
- Awards: Elite racers will compete for part of a $2,500 purse. Prize money will be split evenly between the men’s and women’s full course divisions with Top Time – $750, 2nd Ranked Time – $350, and 3rd Ranked Time – $150.
Whether you plan to compete in the event or cheer on the Power of Four Mountain racers, McCartney Property Management can help you with an Aspen vacation rental. Check with our team for more information.