Why Vacation Rentals Have More Value Than a Hotel?
Food for thought as you consider a vacation rental vs a hotel stay, the traditional accommodation option. Here are some advantages to renting a condo or home from a reputable vacation rental company (like McCartney Properties… wink, wink) next time you vacation to Aspen!
Vacation Rentals Provide Guests With:
- Room to Stretch Out: Our average 2 bedroom vacation condo is 850 sq ft. The average hotel room is 325 sq ft.
- Save on Dining Cost and Eat What You Want: Enjoy your own private kitchen fully stocked with kitchen wares making it easy to prepare your own meals, eat what you want, and save hundreds on dining out.
- Privacy: Enjoy the whole home to yourselves, often with roomy outdoor space as well. In a hotel room you never know when housekeeping will come in and the noise is terrible, the walls are paper thin and your neighbors are only feet away. And don’t forget about sharing that crowded hot tub with Grizzly Adams.
- Pets Welcome: Good luck finding a nice hotel that allows pets. Browse Our Pet Friendly Homes
- No Hidden Costs: You won’t pay a parking fee, resort fee, bottled water fee, internet access fee, using the room towel for the pool fee. It’s all inclusive with your vacation rental agreement!
- Amenities: Are extras such as a pool, hot tub and fitness center a priority? Would you like them with more privacy and access? Typically you can book vacation rentals that have all these and more, plus some even have their own in home amenities so you don’t have to share!
Is A Hotel Better?
Hotels are great for providing all the necessities for a quick trip, so your bags can stay light and you can get in and get out. Complimentary toiletries, linens, towels and common facilities at the hotel like a gym and swimming pool are really convenient features. For a short stay or a one person trip this might be the answer? However, if you are traveling with more than one person, or you are staying for more than a day, or your traveling for the experience, we highly recommend considering the vacation rental route.
It’s sometimes believed that vacation rentals come with the bare basics and don’t have the selection of nice amenities like hotels – but this is a myth! Same as hotels, many of our vacation rental properties are resort-style, and blend that warm, cozy feeling of a house with a long list of convenient perks you won’t find at other types of accommodations. A majority of vacation rentals come with in-suite washer and dryers, BBQs, private hot tubs, access to common area swimming pools alongside complimentary bedding, linens, towels and toiletries.
Why Vacation Rentals by McCartney Properties?
- Personalized Service: Personalized concierge service from our guest services staff. They’ll set up discount lift tickets, ski rentals, catering, grocery delivery, and even an in-home massage. Want bed cards, flowers or a welcome basket? No problem!
- Year Round Availability: When other companies shut down for the season, we don’t. Winter ski trips, summer reunions, fall festivals, spring hiking, never miss a season in the gorgeous Rocky Mountains.
All of the accommodations we offer have met our team’s high standards for value and we’d personally recommend any of them to our travelling guests. However, we recognize that every groups needs are different, and requirements always change. That is why we look to have an array of options, and work really hard to pair each of our guests with the best rental that suits their needs.
Sleep More For Less:
Quite frankly you can sleep more people in more space for less money with a vacation rental versus a hotel room. Rental homes and condos are some of the most accommodating lodging options in Aspen, close to downtown activities and attractions. Bring the whole family. A group of 10 can sleep comfortably for as little as $85 a night!
Ample House and Kitchen Supplies:
Most vacation rentals have the basics stocked for use, certainly they offer visitors far more options than your typical hotel. Vacation homes with McCartney Properties are stocked fully with towels, linens, bath amenities, paper towels, kitchen supplies, and cookware. Many properties also have BBQ facilities on site – great for simple outdoor meals in summer! Buying groceries and preparing meals is a great way to save money and spend more quality time while away on vacation – especially for families and group holidays!
Emergency Maintenance and Housekeeping Staff Available:
Unlike typical by owner rentals, when you rent from us you receive peace of mind knowing that if something does go wrong, a professional staff is just a phone call away to ensure your stay is trouble-free and comfortable. Sometimes renting a home from a homeowner leaves you open to poor service and response time should something go wrong.
Browse Family Friendly Vacation Rentals
Go Vacation Rental…Book Your Getaway Today!
If it’s just you, and you are traveling for a short duration of time, a hotel might be the right choice, but if you are traveling with others, spending more than a day or two, and are interested in an affordable, well accommodated, and fun experience, then a vacation rental is your only choice! And if you are traveling to Aspen for said vacation… then we invite you to check us out at McCartney Properties where service and value are our top priorities for guests.
Feel free to browse our beautiful destinations here, or give our reservations team a call at 970-925-8717 and they will assist you in matching the right property for your needs – we offer an incredible range of both vacation rental condominiums and homes.
And so, we hope this article dispels many of the myths that are associated with vacation rentals – like they don’t come with any added features or amenities, or that they’re way more expensive than hotels. Sometimes, a rental condo can actually be cheaper than a hotel!